Whether you live in the area or are just visiting Boise and looking for a group to ride with, we'd love to have you join us on any of our rides! Most of our weekly rides typically run from April through September. Saturday rides run all year (weather dependent).
Please see Weekly Ride Descriptions link for a description of each ride regarding distances and average mph pace.
Tuesday Hill Climb: All good things must come to a end. The Tuesday Hill Climbs are over for the season. There is not enough Sunlight now to be safe. See everyone in the spring of 2023.
Wednesday MTB Ride: Waiting for spring 2023.
Thursday Night Social Ride: It's indoor ride season! Our wonderful sponsor, Pivot, is hosting indoor training for a discounted rate of $5/rider at 6pm at Pivot downtown every Thursday except holidays. Check your club email for more info on how to book your ride. ***NO RIDE 12/21*** Merry Christmas!
Saturday Ride: Weekly – Lulu's Pizza (2594 N Bogus Basin Rd) – 10:00 am start Oct - April, 9:00 am start May and Sept, 8:00 am June - Aug. Weather dependent, potential cancellations are communicated via forum email.
NEW MODERATE PACED SATURDAY TRAINING RIDE
Lactic Acid Cycling will start hosting a new moderate paced Saturday training ride, in addition to our traditional faster paced Saturday ride.
The ride’s initial provisions/conditions
- Safety (read our Mission Statement on the LAC website)
- No drop
- Pace – 16 to 18 mph in a group, on level ground with neutral wind. If you can’t maintain this pace, you’ve got a few weeks to improve your fitness.
- Distance – 35 miles+
- Start time – 15 minutes after the faster traditional ride.
- Start point – LuLu’s, most of the time but we could occasionally have different start points
Karl will continue to lead the traditional faster ride and it will stay pretty much the same.
- It will still be no drop
- Pace will still be 18 to 22 mph. We’re not going to speed up and leave the moderate ride to sweep up our blown-up riders.
- We will leave on time. Since the moderate ride is leaving only 15 minutes behind, we can’t wait for late folks. Be there and ready to ride on the hour.
We’re hoping this better meets our member needs, so give us feedback.
Karl Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sunday No Stress Ride: Sunday 01/22/23 - No Sunday ride scheduled at this time.