Whether you live in the area or are just visiting Boise and looking for a group to ride with, we'd love to have you join us on any of our rides! Most of our weekly rides typically run from April through September. Saturday rides run all year (weather dependent).
Please see Weekly Ride Descriptions link for a description of each ride regarding distances and average mph pace.
Tuesday Hill Climb: 5/24 - Weather is looking good for our another half Bogus or full if you choose.
Meeting at Lulu's at 6:00PM!
Wednesday MTB Ride: Riding at 6 PM, Route and Location to be announce. Stay tune to the LAC facebook page and the forum emails.
Thursday Night Social Ride: Thursday Social Ride 5/19 Cancelled due to high winds.
Saturday Ride: Weekly – Lulu's Pizza (2594 N Bogus Basin Rd) – 9am start MAY and Sept, 8:00 AM June - Aug. Weather dependent. 5/21 Official Club ride is the Ride for Independence charity ride
NEW MODERATE PACED SATURDAY TRAINING RIDE
Lactic Acid Cycling will start hosting a new moderate paced Saturday training ride, in addition to our traditional faster paced Saturday ride.
There will be four rotating ride leaders.
- Bruce Chaffin (email@example.com)
- Jim Kaufman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- John Merrell (email@example.com)
- Jim Norman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The ride will change in response to club member’s input. Please share your opinions with the ride leaders, Karl or any other board member.
We’ll start the ride on May 7, 2022, from LuLu’s, and the initial route will be to the golf shack and back ~ 35 miles. Don’t worry the routes will get more adventurous.
The ride’s initial provisions/conditions
- Safety (read our Mission Statement on the LAC website)
- No drop
- Pace – 16 to 18 mph in a group, on level ground with neutral wind. If you can’t maintain this pace, you’ve got a few weeks to improve your fitness.
- Distance – 35 miles+
- Start time – 15 minutes after the faster traditional ride. (that will be 9:15 on May 7)
- Start point – LuLu’s, most of the time but we could occasionally have different start points
Karl will continue to lead the traditional faster ride and it will stay pretty much the same.
- It will still be no drop
- Pace will still be 18 to 22 mph. We’re not going to speed up and leave the moderate ride to sweep up our blown-up riders.
- We will leave on time. Since the moderate ride is leaving only 15 minutes behind, we can’t wait for late folks. Be there and ready to ride on the hour.
We’re hoping this better meets our member needs, so give us feedback.
Karl Wagner (email@example.com)
Sunday No Stress Ride: Sunday 5/22 Wheels rolling at 12pm from Winstead Park 6150 W Northview St Boise