Whether you live in the area or are just visiting Boise and looking for a group to ride with, we'd love to have you join us on any of our rides! Most of our weekly rides typically run from April through September. Saturday rides run all year (weather dependent).
Please see Weekly Ride Descriptions link for a description of each ride regarding distances and average mph pace.
Tuesday Hill Climb: All good things must come to a end. The Tuesday Hill Climbs are over for the season. There is not enough Sunlight now to be safe. See everyone in the spring of 2023.
Wednesday MTB Ride: As long as the AQI is at or below 100, Let's ride at 6pm and do Chukar to Bitter Brush, Red Tail, to the top, Landslide, Currant Creek, and Chukar back to the parking lot. Bring a chair and something cold to drink for some post-ride refreshment
Thursday Night Social Ride: LAST OUTDOOR Thurs ride of the season! 9/15 CLUB PHOTO before the ride, wear LAC kit and arrive a few min early. Wheels rolling 6pm from Madre tacos 1034 S La Pointe. Parking is limited right at Madre, if you must drive to the ride, you can park in Ann Morrison Park and ride over to the start.
Saturday Ride: Weekly – Lulu's Pizza (2594 N Bogus Basin Rd) – 9am start MAY and Sept, 8:00 AM June - Aug. Weather dependent, potential cancellations are communicated via forum email. Due to forecasted 100 degree heat on Sept 3, 2022, we'll delay moving our 0800 and 0815 start times for one week (i.e be there at 0800 on Sept 3)
NEW MODERATE PACED SATURDAY TRAINING RIDE
Lactic Acid Cycling will start hosting a new moderate paced Saturday training ride, in addition to our traditional faster paced Saturday ride.
There will be four rotating ride leaders.
- Bruce Chaffin (email@example.com)
- Jim Kaufman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- John Merrell (email@example.com)
- Jim Norman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The ride’s initial provisions/conditions
- Safety (read our Mission Statement on the LAC website)
- No drop
- Pace – 16 to 18 mph in a group, on level ground with neutral wind. If you can’t maintain this pace, you’ve got a few weeks to improve your fitness.
- Distance – 35 miles+
- Start time – 15 minutes after the faster traditional ride. (that will be 9:15 on May 7)
- Start point – LuLu’s, most of the time but we could occasionally have different start points
Karl will continue to lead the traditional faster ride and it will stay pretty much the same.
- It will still be no drop
- Pace will still be 18 to 22 mph. We’re not going to speed up and leave the moderate ride to sweep up our blown-up riders.
- We will leave on time. Since the moderate ride is leaving only 15 minutes behind, we can’t wait for late folks. Be there and ready to ride on the hour.
We’re hoping this better meets our member needs, so give us feedback.
Karl Wagner (email@example.com)
Sunday No Stress Ride: Sunday 9/25 9:30 AM From CaCi 1592 E Riverside Dr, Eagle.