Whether you live in the area or are just visiting Boise and looking for a group to ride with, we'd love to have you join us on any of our rides! Most of our weekly rides typically run from April through September. Saturday rides run all year (weather dependent).
Please see Weekly Ride Descriptions link for a description of each ride regarding distances and average mph pace.
Tuesday Hill Climb: 8/16 The weatherman is calling on temperatures to be 103 F tomorrow. So, for safety, I am canceling this week ride. Let hope for next week to be a bit cooler, like in the 90's .
Wednesday MTB Ride: Please join us this Wednesday 8/10 for some mountain-biking fun. Let's get away from the heat and go to the shade. The ride starts at the lower Bogus Basin parking lot at 6:00. The route will be "Around the Mountain" - about 9.5 miles and 1,200 vertical. Bring a chair and something cold to drink for some post-ride refreshment. If you want to carpool up, be in the LuLu's parking lot ready to roll by 5:30.
Thursday Night Social Ride: 8/11- Wheels rolling from Camel's Back Park 6pm, food after at Sun Ray Cafe in Hyde Park.
Ride leaders needed for 7/28 and 8/4 rides! Please contact Morgan at 208-761-6855 if you can lead one of those dates!
Saturday Ride: Weekly – Lulu's Pizza (2594 N Bogus Basin Rd) – 9am start MAY and Sept, 8:00 AM June - Aug. Weather dependent, potential cancellations are communicated via forum email.
NEW MODERATE PACED SATURDAY TRAINING RIDE
Lactic Acid Cycling will start hosting a new moderate paced Saturday training ride, in addition to our traditional faster paced Saturday ride.
There will be four rotating ride leaders.
- Bruce Chaffin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jim Kaufman (email@example.com)
- John Merrell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jim Norman (email@example.com)
The ride’s initial provisions/conditions
- Safety (read our Mission Statement on the LAC website)
- No drop
- Pace – 16 to 18 mph in a group, on level ground with neutral wind. If you can’t maintain this pace, you’ve got a few weeks to improve your fitness.
- Distance – 35 miles+
- Start time – 15 minutes after the faster traditional ride. (that will be 9:15 on May 7)
- Start point – LuLu’s, most of the time but we could occasionally have different start points
Karl will continue to lead the traditional faster ride and it will stay pretty much the same.
- It will still be no drop
- Pace will still be 18 to 22 mph. We’re not going to speed up and leave the moderate ride to sweep up our blown-up riders.
- We will leave on time. Since the moderate ride is leaving only 15 minutes behind, we can’t wait for late folks. Be there and ready to ride on the hour.
We’re hoping this better meets our member needs, so give us feedback.
Karl Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sunday No Stress Ride: Sunday 8/4 Seeking Ride Leader